Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Chicken Sausage with Pasta

My brother Dick joined us for dinner last night.  His wife had a previous engagement so he was solo. I made a new dish that turned out really well.  It is the perfect recipe.....Easy, Peasy and Delicious.


This recipe is from The Fast Metabolism Diet which is the new eating program that I have been on for the past 2 weeks and will remain on for 2 more weeks.  I am a huge pasta fan so I was excited when I learned that I could eat pasta on this plan as long as it was brown rice pasta.  Having never had brown rice pasta before, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Well, had I not known that it was brown rice pasta, I wouldn't have been able to tell by the taste.  The texture is slightly different but not enough to make people wonder about it.  My brother was surprised that it wasn't regular pasta.

The chicken sausage was smoked and nitrate free and tasted just like any other smoked sausage.  All in all it was a very successful, comfort food meal.  I will be enjoying this again on this eating plan and off of it as well.  This made 4 servings so there is one serving left that I hope to have for lunch tomorrow unless Frank grabs it first.

Chicken Sausage Pasta
slightly adapted from the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy

2 c. brown rice tube shaped pasta, cooked per package directions
12 oz. smoked chicken sausage
2 c. diced zucchini
1 c. broccoli florets
1/2 vidalia onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced

In a large skillet, (I used a wok) over med high heat cook the chicken sausage with the onions and garlic, until sausage is browned and onions are softened and translucent, adding a tablespoon of the pasta cooking water if necessary to keep sausage from sticking.  Add the zucchini and broccoli and cook, stirring, until vegetables are crisp tender.  Add the pasta and toss until heated through. Print Recipe




2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.